Enhancing Employment Outcomes – Credits and References
Reference this module as:
Morningstar, M.E., Gaumer Erickson, A., Lattin, D.L. & Wilkerson, D. (2012). Enhancing employment outcomes for youth with disabilities. [Online Training Module]. Lawrence, KS: University of Kansas, Department of Special Education. Retrieved from: www.transitioncoalition.org
All contents Copyright 2012 by the Transition Coalition.
- Bronte-Tinkew, J., & Redd, Z. (2001). Logic models and outcomes for youth entrepreneurship programs. Child Trends. Retrieved from http://www.childtrends.org/Files/LogicModelsYouthEntrepreneurship.pdf
- Brown, D., Brooks, L., & Associates. (1984). Career choice and development: Applying contemporary theories to practice. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass.
- Cimera, R.E. (2010). National cost efficiency of supported employees with intellectual disabilities: 2002-2007. American Journal of Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities, 115(1), 19-29.
- Erickson, W., Lee, C., & Von Schrader, S. (2010). 2008 Disability Status Report: the United States. Ithaca, NY: Cornell University Rehabilitation Research and Training Center on Disability Demographics and Statistics.
- Gaumer-Erickson, A. (2010). The sportsmanship assessment. Retrieved from http://transitioncoalition.org/transition/module.php?moduleId=47&pageId=993.
- Gugerty, J., Foley, C., Frank, A. (2008). Developing and Operating School Based Enterprises that Empower Special Education Students to Learn and Connect Classroom, Community, and Career- Related Skills. The Journal for Vocational Special Needs Education, 31, 19-56.
- Guy, B., Sitlington, P., Larsen, M., & Frank, A. (2009). What are high schools offering as preparation for employment? Career Development for Exceptional Individuals, 32, 30-41.
- Hagner, D., & Vander Sande, J. (1998). School-Sponsored Work Experience and Vocational Instruction. In Beyond high school: Transition from school to work. F.R. Rusch & J.G. Chadsey (Eds). pp. 340-366. Belmont, CA: Wadsworth.
- Holland J. L. (1997). Making vocational choices: A theory of vocational personalities and work environments (3rd ed.). Odessa, FL: Psychological Assessment Resources.
- Metzel, D., Boeltzig, H., Butterworth, J., Sulewski, J., & Gilmore, D. (2007). Achieving community membership through community rehabilitation provider services: Are we there yet?. Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities, 45, 149-160.
- Morningstar, M.E. (2004). Models of vocational programs. Presented in SPED 857: Vocational and Employment Programs, University of Kansas, Lawrence, KS.
- Murphy, S., & Rogan, P. (1994). Developing natural supports in the workplace: A practitioner’s guide. Augustine, FL: Training Resources Network, Inc.
- National Information Center for Children and Youth with Handicaps (NICHCY). (1990). Vocational assessment: A guide for parents and professionals. Transition Summary, 6, 1-16.
- National Organization on Disability (“N.O.D.”). (2004). Landmark disability survey finds pervasive disadvantages. Retrieved from http://www.nod.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=page.viewPage&pageID=1430&nodeID=1&FeatureID=1422&redirected=1&CFID=4760988&CFTOKEN=810025
- Revell, G., Smith, F., & Inge, (2009). An analysis of self-employment outcomes within the federal/state vocational rehabilitation system. Journal of Vocational Rehabilitation, 31, 11-18.
- Ryan, M.M. (Ed). (2011). Handbook of U.S. labor statistics: Employment, earnings, prices, productivity, and other labor data ( 14th ed.). Lanham, MD: Bernan Press. Retrieved from http://books.google.com/books?hl=en&lr=&id=DBjedEMEAhAC&oi=fnd&pg=PR5&dq=Bureau+of+Labor+Statistics,+2011+disability+employment&ots=bxdY6Yv3Jb&sig=vmac8D8PnW3jtg9DIqmMz5zKt-8#v=onepage&q=working%20adults%20with%20disabilities&f=false
- Sears, S. (1982). A definition of career guidance terms: A National Vocational Guidance Association perspective. Vocational Guidance Quarterly, 31, 137-143.
- Test, D., Mazzotti, V., Mustian, A., Fowler, C., Kortering, L., & Kohler, P. (2009). Evidenced-based secondary transition predictors for improving postschool outcomes for students with disabilities. Career Development for Exceptional Individuals, 32, 160-181.
- Thuli, K. J. & Hong, E. (1998). Employer Toolkit. Washington, D.C: The Academy for Educational Development. Available for download at http://www.eric.ed.gov/ERICWebPortal/search/recordDetails.jsp?ERICExtSearch_SearchValue_0=ED460452&searchtype=keyword&ERICExtSearch_SearchType_0=no&_pageLabel=RecordDetails&accno=ED460452&_nfls=false&source=ae
- U.S. Department of Labor. (2007). 2007 Third annual report: Executive summary. Retrieved from http://www.dol.gov/eeombd/2007annualreport/executive-summary.htm
- Wilkerson, D. (Aug. 2010). Times are a Changing. Presentation provided to The Rehabilitation Institute. www.thecsi-network.com
- Wisconsin Department of Education. (2008). Opening Doors to Employment. Madison, WI: Author. Available from http://dpi.wi.gov/sped/pdf/tranopndrs-employment.pdf