I have learned so much more about transition from the Self-Study than I ever thought I could. It’s a wonderful way to learn and work with my colleagues.
~ District Transition Coordinator
I liked the online, stay-in-your-district aspect of the Self-Study. We were able to address the specific needs of our district.
Contact us to find out more about Transition Coalition Self-study
The Transition Coalition Self-Study is designed to support district or building teams to learn and make meaningful and incremental improvement in their secondary special education programs.
This research-based professional development process:
WHAT TO EXPECT
Print and online materials for each Transition Self-study
Support to transition teams through discussions, webinars, email, and phone
Coordinated blended approach with personal help to keep your team on task.
- Improves compliance
- Helps teams improve student outcomes
- Is team-based (4-10 people)
- Includes a team facilitator who leads discussions and activities, and ensures accountability
- Includes print materials and online supports from TC staff
- Is resources-rich
The Self-Study takes 6 weeks of team and individual learning and 6 weeks of action plan implementation, and includes:
- Individual online learning
- Team discussion
- Individual and team applied learning activities
- Team data-based reflection on current practices/programs
- Guided identification of resources, materials, curricula, etc.
- Team action planning and implementation