Since 2000, the Transition Coalition has been maximizing professional development opportunities for secondary transition and college and career readiness of youth with disabilities.
To make a difference, professional development requires more than one-shot in-service training.
- Deliver professional development that leads to changes in practice
- Support teams and individuals at the state and local levels
- Translate research and effective practices for practitioner implementation
- Use self-assessment methods including professional knowledge
- Strategically combine web-based, in-person, in-print, coaching and other assistance
- Find and share research-based practices and resources
- Develop and support practitioner-to-practitioner learning methods
Dr. Mary Morningstar, Co-Director
Dana Lattin, Co-Director
Deborah Flores, Research Project Specialist
Brad Stauffer, Communications Specialist
Location and Contact Information
University of Kansas & Portland State University
785-864-1177 (University of Kansas)