The Montana Pre-Employment Transition Services Technical Assistance Center is offering a free webinar next week.
Helping Parents to Think about Employment for Everyone
Parents are essential partners in the Transition process. In fact, parental involvement is one of the evidence-based predictors of post-school success in employment. Families play a key role in:
- Helping youth develop self-determination skills, which are closely tied to successful education and career outcomes
- Building work readiness skills in the home
- Identifying services and supports that will assist their child to meet future goals
- Providing invaluable historical information to Transition Team members
- Serving as a resource to professionals by providing access to their personal networks for job opportunities
How can we nurture and support this partnership? What barriers might parents face and how can we help them address those barriers? Why does it matter? What kinds of work goals might fit into the home environment? And how could these tie into the five Pre-Employment Transition Services categories? To learn answers to these questions and more, join this information-packed webinar!
If you are unable to attend on the scheduled date or if registration closes because the session is full, please note that the webinar will be recorded and archived for later viewing.
Date: Thursday, July 14, 2016
Time: 10:30am – 12:00pm (Mountain time)