TCSS Building a Transition Assessment Toolkit
Participate in the TCSS Building a Transition Assessment Toolkit starting in September 2023.
What is the Building a Transition Assessment Toolkit Self-Study?
- A team-directed professional development process that includes:
- 6 weeks of applied learning, team discussions, reflection and planning
- 6 weeks of action plan implementation
- This PD opportunity provides:
- Improved Indicator 13 data
- Improved student outcomes by strengthening transition planning
- Development of a transition assessment toolkit
- Through this Self-Study, teams receive:
- Online webinars, conference calls, and a website to support team facilitators.
- TC Self-Study print materials and guides
- Access to transition experts, free online materials, curricula, assessments, and other resources
- A certificate for 30 hours of TC training for each participant who completes the unit.
- Team facilitators receive ongoing support from Transition Coalition; participate as a team member; coordinate team discussions and activities; ensure accountability; and collaborate with other facilitators online.
The At A Glance Timeline and Read Before You Register gives you more details about the Self-Study.
Over 100 teams from across the United States have completed this Self-Study. Here is what they say!
“The best part of the Self-Study was the end product. Our end result was a Transition Assessment Toolkit that was developed by our team for our students.”
“Building our Transition Assessment Toolkit with guidance from the Transition Coalition was great! We also enjoyed the opportunity to learn from each other as we went through the process.”